Olive Garden review for 1.31.12

Olive Garden review for 1.31.12

The experience (starter)

we kinda went here randomly because I had a stressful experience at wal-mart on the north side.
I was dehydrated and needed water asap. We were gonna pull into BK for a drink but the drive thru line was 12 cars. So we decided to stop at OG for a water and see how the place was...
we were taken to this little cafe like area that had a bar and some small 2 seat tabled (this was done to have a nice waiting area so people would not crowd the door) and given a pager like thing to let us know when our table was ready and they got us a water... we decided then that we would be eating there as I was getting hungry..
we then, after 20 mins approx was guided to our table... the waitress took our drink orders and we sipped our coffe and our pop while looking through the menu. The wait time was reasonable till we got our food.

The food (order)

I ordered the shrimp alfredo. The first bowl was very oily and it seperated after 3 minutes. After 5 bites all I could taste was the oil. Noodles were ok and the shrimp was fine, but both were overpowered by too much alfredo, now I've been making alfredo sause for years and I have never had mine seperate like that and I make it from scratch.

Order two (sister's)

she ordered a spicy Italian sausage soup that had 3 ingredients, and potatoes were one of them and she barely got any potatoes on hers. it had onion chunks in it and it took my sister a long time to pick them out. She has an intolerance to onions
she also ordered a spaghetti with meatballs and she asked if that had onion chunks and she said no, however it did. And she had to pick those out as well. Also the spaghetti had too much tomato chunks and not enough actual sauce. What was left was very water and did nothing for the pasta.

The result (combined)

we told the waitress this and she took our concerns and said she would get the manager, she got him and we explained to him and he was able to tell me that the alfredo stuff seperated because it was heated too fast and too quick, he offered to give us replacements for both our meals and my sister got a cheese fondue.

The resolution (combined)

I got a new alfredo meal that was better and didn't have the seperation issue and it tasted much better!

My sister got the fondue as a replacement. She was only charged for the cheaper fondue and mine was simply exchanged and no change to my charge. Both our drinks were comped.

The conclusion:

the experience was rocky at start, however was resolved. But still left a wonky taste in my mouth. As a result my experience was 2.8 stars and my sister was 2.5 stars.

Comments